Just a short 25-minute drive from Killington, the bustling city of Rutland, Vermont is an ideal day trip for skiers and visitors. The downtown area of the city is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and features tons of opportunities for shopping, dining, drinking, and exploration. In particular, Rutland restaurants boast some of the most diverse and unique cuisines in the state and will impress even the pickiest foodie. So, get your forks ready! Here’s our guide to the best Rutland dining, complete with signature dishes and hearty meals that will satisfy all of your cravings.
Our Favorite Rutland Restaurants
- Table 24: Situated in downtown Rutland, Table 24 features an upscale menu and a rustic atmosphere. Chef and owner Stephen Sawyer prepares delicious comfort-food classics on a wood-fired grill to create impeccable flavors unique to this region. Guests can enjoy a wonderful meal, then relax in the bar and lounge area.
- Roots the Restaurant: At Roots, guests can experience an elegant farm-to-table menu complete with minimally processed, locally-grown food. Utilizing only organic crops and humanely raised livestock, you and your family can enjoy a delicious meal that you’ll feel good about.
- Little Harry’s: A favorite of locals, visitors, and Killington skiers alike, this eatery is a great place to meet for a drink, graze on appetizers, or indulge in a hearty meal. Their eclectic menu features everything from pad thai and ravioli to steaks and scallops, so there truly is something for everyone.
- Hop’n Moose Brewing Co: Located on Center Street in Rutland, Hop’n Moose has awesome live music, great food, and on-site beer brewing. You can munch on wood-fired pizzas, sandwiches, burgers, or small plates of VT cheese, then wash it all down with a cold one. Cheers!
- Southside Steakhouse: This cozy joint provides a modern approach to American steakhouse classics. Their high-quality steaks are aged for a minimum of 21 days from a climate-controlled locker and can be paired perfectly with a cocktail from the bar or a glass of vino from the extensive wine list.
- Gill’s Deli: A downtown Rutland institution, Gill’s has been serving up deli favorites for over 50 years. Be sure to try their famous pizza and grinders that feature perfectly baked dough and homemade bread.
- East Restaurant: If you’re craving Asian cuisine, East is the place to go. Enjoy all of your favorite Japanese, Chinese, and Thai dishes including curries, soups, sushi, noodles, and more.
- Kelvan’s: With a friendly staff, daily food and drink specials, and delicious American cuisine, Kelvan’s is a Rutland hotspot. Their dishes are made using the freshest and highest quality ingredients available and include top-notch vegetarian choices as well as decadent homemade desserts.
- 99 Restaurant & Pub: Perfect for dinner out with the kids, this family-friendly chain features classic American fare like burgers, wings, and salads. With a wide variety of bottled beers and brews on tap, you can enjoy a cold one while the kids munch.
- The Palms: For more than 80 years, the Sabataso family has treated Rutland locals and visitors to authentic, traditional Italian cuisine in Vermont. Each dish is individually prepared and all of their sauces, breads, and meatballs are made fresh daily. Mangia!
Get Your Grub on With GetAway Vacations!
We bet your stomach is starting to grumble, so it’s time to book your trip to Vermont! After a wonderful afternoon or evening in Rutland, come back to peace and serenity in one of our Killington vacation rentals and enjoy a restful night’s sleep. And don’t worry about all of that indulging – you can wake up the next morning and enjoy a day of skiing, hiking, or biking to burn it all off. See you on the mountain!
Hungry for more information on the best Rutland area restaurants?
Download our free Killington vacation guide.