The summer season is knocking on our door bringing with it warm temperatures and a strong desire to get outside and mingle with nature. No longer trapped by the harsh reality of winter, now may be the perfect time to visit Killington, VT. But what is there is there to do here, you ask? In a nutshell, everything. This area offers a plethora of options for every activity level and interest. From rugged outdoor activities to shopping to cultural sites, a complete list is tough but these are our top ten things to do near Killington. Do yourself a favor, get here quick and start working on them.
10 Things to do near Killington
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory Tour — A little over an hour’s drive from Killington in Waterbury, see where the magic happens. Daily from 10 am to 6 pm, guided tours are offered at reasonable prices.
- Killington Adventure Center — The name says it all. Ropes course, disc golf, roller coaster, lift rides, motorized tours, and more.
- Historic Site of President Calvin Coolidge — This area has been home to some pretty cool people, the 30th President of the United States being one of them.
- New England Maple Museum — Perhaps more famous than ice cream here, maple syrup.
- Killington Wine Festival — In July, several events focused on wines from around the world enjoyed in a scenic setting. Tickets go fast. Get yours before they’re gone.
- The Spa at the Woods — Nature is best enjoyed when fully rejuvenated. Recharge your inner spirit for the most of each breath of fresh mountain air.
- Quechee Gorge Village — The Vermont Antique Mall & Marketplace among other treasures await in this quaint shopping district.
- Cabot Creamery — Perhaps more famous than ice cream or maple syrup, cheese.
- Green Mountain National Golf Course — We realize golf might not be your thing, but, if it is, you can swing your club here.
- Appalachian Trail Adventures — Nothing screams outdoors quite like a day of hiking, we may have saved the best for last. Killington VT’s top attraction by many accounts, including ours.
No trip to Killington is complete without lodging and that’s where we come in. GetAway Vacations has plenty of rentals to choose from offering any type of experience you may be seeking. We’ve also put together a wonderful Vacation Guide full of tips and resources to help familiarize yourself with the area, which should definitely prove useful when planning your trip. And, of course, we’re here to help. Visit our website, pick up the phone, we’re only a click or call away. So get busy before the season passes you by. Summer only lasts so long and we’ve given you ten reasons why you should hurry.
The complete roster of available properties can be found here. We offer several specials and packages throughout the year for an array of budget-friendly options, too. And many of our properties are pet-friendly, which means it won’t be necessary to leave furry loved those ones behind. Killington VT has something for everyone and GetAway Vacations can accommodate them all.