With beautiful seasons and unbelievable scenery, Vermont is a premier vacation destination for visitors from across the country. The unique climate offers tons of attractions throughout the year for families who want to escape their daily lives and relax amongst nature. In particular, Killington, VT gives guests the chance to experience the Green Mountain State like never before. With an endless list of fun things to do, Killington activities provide wonderful lifelong memories for everyone.
Experience These Awesome Killington Activities
Before you head out to enjoy a day of adventures, be sure to stop by Killington Sports, located in each of the lodges at Killington Mountain Resort. You’ll find all of the necessities for a great day on the hill, including a large selection of outerwear and accessories, trail signs, and other souvenir essentials. The shops also offer rentals, tuning, and lift tickets, so you’ll be ready to hit up the mountain during any season. Here are some of the best Killington activities to enjoy on your next trip to Vermont.
Killington Summer Activities
With daytime temperatures hovering around 80 degrees and dropping to the 50s in the evening, a Killington summer vacation is the perfect way to enjoy sunny days and comfortable, cool nights. Some of the most beloved warm-weather tourist attractions include:
- Beast Mountain Coaster: This 4,800-foot-long alpine mountain coaster twists and turns through the woods and is thrilling for guests of all ages.
- Skye Ropes Course: Four stories high with 42 obstacles to maneuver provides hours of fun for daredevils, climbers, and athletes.
- Hiking and Biking: With a multitude of trails to choose from, Killington caters to all skill levels, from novice mountaineers to experts.
- Snowshed Pond: Feel free to enjoy fishing, kayaking, and stand-up-paddle-boarding all summer long on the beautiful Snowshed Pond.
Killington Winter Adventure Center
Vermont is famous for its fantastic winter terrain, with world-class skiing and snowboarding that attract thousands of visitors each year. Killington Mountain is especially ideal for those searching for fresh, powdery snow to explore. Here are the best winter activities to try during chillier months.
- Fat Bike Rentals: Designed for all ability levels, fat bikes have wider hubs and tires for better flotation and more stability in the snow.
- Scenic Gondola Rides: Enjoy a relaxing ride in an enclosed 8-person gondola cabin to the top of 4,241-foot Killington Peak.
- Sleigh Rides: End your day of skiing or riding with a snowcat-drawn sleigh ride around the Killington trail network.
- Snowtubing: The Killington Tubing Park offers thrilling, multi-lane gliding for the whole family.
- Snowmobile Tours: Experience the excitement and adventure of snowmobiling when you take a tour with Vermont’s largest and most experienced snowmobile tour company.
Perfect Killington Lodging
Whether you want to spend the day skiing down the mountainside or relaxing on a boat in the summer sun, GetAway Vacations has your perfect home-away-from-home in Vermont! Our gorgeous Killington vacation rentals give guests the unique opportunity to experience an intimate, peaceful oasis while also being close to all of the action on the mountain. Feel free to cuddle up in front of the fire, watch a movie on the flatscreen, or admire the sunset after you try out some of our favorite Killington activities – then gear up for another adventure tomorrow!