When on an exciting skiing excursion in Killington, Vermont, you’re bound to hear the term “après-ski” more than a few times throughout your trip. This phrase often refers to any form of entertainment, nightlife, or social events that occur specifically at or around ski resorts. These activities add to the enjoyment of travelers and provide something to do besides skiing and snowboarding. This year, head to the “Beast of the East” and enjoy the best Killington bars and restaurants and the awesome Killington nightlife that has guests coming back again and again.
Killington Nightlife: Where to Go
There are tons of things to do in Killington apres ski, so you’ll have ample opportunities to head out and explore! Plus, when you book your stay with GetAway Vacations, you’ll be just a short drive from all of the best Killington bars and clubs, and eclectic mix of restaurants. Here are some of our favorite things to do once the slopes close!
- Killington Wobbly Barn: This legendary steakhouse, nightclub, and music venue has been an area staple since 1963. Today, the rustic walls still shake as bustling crowds enjoy delicious drinks, great food, and a friendly atmosphere.
- Pickle Barrel Nightclub: As Killington’s largest entertainment venue and party spot, The Pickle Barrel has 3 levels of dynamic entertainment space, performance stages, dance floors, and bars housed within one of the area’s most storied buildings.
- On the Rocs Lounge: On the Rocs is a modern speakeasy lounge that will transport you back in time. Barkeeps mix up hundred-year-old cocktail recipes using only the freshest ingredients, and hand squeezed juices and homemade ginger beer make their cocktails unparalleled and distinct.
- Charity’s Tavern: This 1887 saloon and restaurant features amazing food and great drinks, including 16 Micro beers on tap and over 35 specialty beers in the bottle. With 14 TVs and two bars, Charity’s is the perfect place to watch the big game or cheer on your favorite sports team.
- Slopeside Bar & Grille: Whether you’re looking for happy hour & juicy wings, a great burger and sandwiches, or a hearty meal for the whole family, the Slopeside Bar & Grille is your first stop off the Mountain. Plus, it’s located in the Mountain Green Resort for easy access from the lifts!
- Lookout Tavern: A must-stop for anyone visiting Killington, the Lookout Tavern’s full bar and restaurant has a charming, comfortable, and upbeat atmosphere with some of the best wings around for après ski.
- McGrath’s Irish Pub: Featuring live Irish music every Friday and Saturday night, an extensive selection of Irish whiskeys, and Guinness on draft, McGrath’s is the area’s first and foremost Irish pub. Like a true family pub in Ireland, everybody is welcome!
- Sushi Yoshi: Enjoy some of the best in Chinese and Japanese cuisine at this gourmet hibachi steakhouse. Featuring Killington’s only Vermont craft beer garden, an extensive Hibachi menu, and amazing sushi rolls, this restaurant has something for everyone.
- Mogul’s Sports Pub & Restaurant: Known as Killington’s #1 sports bar, Mogul’s offers the coldest beer and the most TVs on the hill. From pool tables to free Nintendo Wii, this bustling pub is an area hotspot for food and fun.
- The Foundry at Summit Pond: This traditional American Supper Club offers two menu options; an American Bistro-Style and a more casual Tavern menu. In addition to impeccable dining options, The Foundry has live entertainment regularly and hosts many area events and activities on the pond.
Sleep It Off With GetAway Vacations
After a fun-filled night on the town, come back to one of our luxurious Killington vacation rentals and enjoy a restful night’s sleep. Spend the next day recovering in front of a stone fireplace or relaxing in the jacuzzi tub, and restore your body so you can do it all over again! For more information on Killington nightlife and other fun things to do in the area, download our free vacation guide.